Sun, Apr 21|
Erie Basin Marina Observation Deck
Second Chic! Clean'n up Emerald Beach
#Plasticfreebuffalo is proud to announce a sponsored beach clean up by Buffalo's very own Second Chic! Join us in cleaning up & reducing plastic pollution washing up on shore at Emerald Beach. RSVP, Share with a friend, fill up your reusable water bottle & carpool if possible.
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2019, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Erie Basin Marina Observation Deck, 329 Erie St, Buffalo, NY 14202, USA
Info & Checklist
#Plasticfreebuffalo is proud to announce Second Chic as a local sponsor of the clean up honoring Earth Day! If you haven't been yet check it out! Second Chic is a local consignment store that sells new & recycled fashion for women and men in the WNY area. Clothing, shoes, purses and jewelry in the a boutique setting. We provide a personal shopping experience with out the cost of a personal stylist!
There is ample parking at the marina, you will pass by the Erie Basin Marina check point, a friendly hello is always greeted with a smile. Park near the observation deck, this area is closest to the beach and is open to public parking and recreation.
Meet up Point
The Clean Up lead [ Alexis Oltmer ] will be at the entry of the beach wearing a bright blue baseball cap, the entry of the beach is across from the last parking space. Look for the rock wall, and observation path & you will find the beach!
Rain, Shine, or Sleet we will be at the beach, if you can't make it due to the weather please feel free to sign up for another day clean'n at the beach.
Plastic Pollution Cleanup Checklist:
- Be sure to dress warm [ it tends to be a bit breezy @ the beach ]
- If possible wear shoes suitable for hiking [ it can be slick ]
- Bring gloves, specifically gardening gloves are recommended [ they have a rubber under layer safety first ]
- Filled refillable water bottle [ activism is known to create a thirst ]
- If possible, bike and or carpool with a friend
- Hand Sanitizer & Bags will be supplied